Employment » Nurse Practitioner– Internal Medicine
Department: Internal Medicine -- Smiths Grove
Job Type: Full Time
Job Hours: Weekdays 40 hours per week; some weekend hours as necessary
Responsible for providing direct patient care within the practice & directive of collaborating physician; assessment and management of patients; day to day implementation and evaluation of the appropriate plan of care; serving as a consultant, researcher, and educator.
The Nurse Practitioner (or Physician Assistant) works in collaboration with the Physician as well as nursing and support services to provide patient-focused care.
Perform history & physicals, documentation of findings; communication with collaborating Providers.
Orders appropriate diagnostic testing; reviews results/ informs pts and Providers of findings and required follow up. Patient education and support.
Ensures continuity of care for follow-up treatments.
Other duties as necessary under direction of Providers and Administration.
Previous medical office/ hospital experience highly preferred.
Interest in the specialty of current available role.
Active Kentucky licensure as Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse OR
Professional certification (licensure) as Physician Assistant.
Must be credentialed to practice in Kentucky.
CPR certification and ACLS/BLS required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high focus on quality patient care in teamwork-oriented environment.
Graves-Gilbert Clinic offers a competitive benefit package for full-time positions and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All positions require a minimum of a High School Diploma or a GED and a current completed application.
- You may obtain an application by stopping by the front desk at the Clinic. Employment applications are also posted here for printing out and mailing in.
- Applicants qualified for consideration for available job openings will be interviewed by the Human Resources Department and given any tests required for the job.
- We keep applications on file for 6 months.
- We do not accept phone calls regarding employment.
Graves Gilbert Clinic Employment Application
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you are applying for more than one position, please just send one application and list all positions you are applying for in the first form field.