Job Type: Full Time
Job Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday -Friday; 8:00 am-5:00 pm
All aspects of Surgical Technician duties within a very busy, fast-paced Dermatology setting.
Assisting physician with in-office procedures.
Cleaning, monitoring and stocking exam rooms and work areas.
May include Medical Assisting duties such as rooming patients, obtaining vitals, etc.
Documentation in EMR.
May include training in the area of histology:
* Specimen handling, storage, preservation and identification
* Freezing tissue and cutting frozen sections with a microtome
* Tissue placement and staining procedures
* Preparation and mixing of solutions used in Mohs labs
* Proper use and handling of all materials and reagents
* Maintaining and updating OSHA and CLIA records
* Ensuring a safe environment in the lab according to OSHA standards
* Maintaining quality control logs for slide review
* Conforms to all applicable HIPAA, compliance and safety guidelines.
* All other related clinical, laboratory and administrative duties as required
* Must have qualifying certification.
* Experience in a medical office setting; Mohs lab or other histology environment helpful.
* Willingness to train for production of specimen slides.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
Apply for this position!